Food Trucks

Apply for a Mobile Food Vendor License

Are you interested in operating a food truck, trailer, or concessionaire in the City of Wyoming? You'll need a Mobile Food Vending license to operate in the City. To apply, please follow the following steps:

1. Check Your Information

To apply to receive a Mobile Food Vendor License, please gather the following documents to be included with your application: 


You'll need a certificate of insurance showing proof of no-fault automobile and commercial general liability insurance coverage for the applied vehicle and business. We'll ask you attach a copy of the certificate of insurance to your application.


You'll need to have a food permit from the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development or the Kent County Health Department before applying for your City license. Contact the State of Michigan or Kent County for more info on how to apply.

We'll ask you to attach a copy of your Food Establishment License or Health Department permit to your application.


You'll also need to complete a fire inspection with the either the Wyoming Fire Department or an approved consortium city before applying for your City license. Consortium municipalities include Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Grand Haven. Contact the Wyoming Fire Department at 616-530-7250 to schedule an inspection or learn which other municipalities we accept fire inspection reviews from.

We'll ask you to attach a copy of your fire inspection approval letter to your application.


Please attach a copy of your menu with a description of the food and beverages offered to your application.


In addition to possessing a city Mobile Food Vendor License, you will need to apply for, and receive, a General Business License from the City. Please contact the City Clerk 's Office at or 616-530-7226 to apply.

2. Choose a location

Mobile food vendors are permitted to operate in the following locations:

1. Within paved parking lots in any FBC, B-1, B-2, B-3, I-1, I-2, or I-3 zoning district in the City;

2. Within commercial areas of planned unit development (PUD) zoning districts; and

3. Within municipal parks during special events, as specifically authorized by the municipality.

Please use the City of Wyoming's Zoning Map to determine if your proposed location is permitted.

3. Review Mobile Food Vendor Regulations and Standards

To operate as a mobile food vendor in the City of Wyoming, all operators must adhere to the applicable City of Wyoming code standards. To review the standards related to mobile food vendors, please review the following Zoning Code and Regulatory Code sections.

4. Have your payment ready

There is an annual license fee that is needed to receive and maintain a City mobile food vendor license. The application fee is $50.00 for the first truck, plus $25.00 per additional truck. The fire inspection fee is $125.00 per truck if an inspection has not been completed at the time of application submittal. Application fees are non-refundable. Licenses expire on December 31st of each year. Payment must be included with a completed mobile food vendor application.

5. Complete an application

Please complete a City of Wyoming Mobile Food Vendor Application to receive a license to operate. The application can be found here. Completed applications can be submitted to the Planning and Economic Development Department at Wyoming City Hall, or be submitted by email to 

Your application might take some time. That's why we recommend that you gather all the required information first.

6. We’ll review your application

It takes us 5-10 business days to process applications. Keep in mind that it may take longer to process your application if we find that you need to make changes. We'll call or email you to let you know that your license and vehicle decals are ready. You can either pick them up from the office or we will email it to you. Your license is valid through December 31st of the year. After December 31, you will need to renew your license with the City's Planning and Economic Development Department. 

Make sure to keep a copy of your license in each licensed vehicle. Your decals should be prominently displayed on each vehicle.


Mobile Food Vendor FAQs